Administrative Assistant (to the Technical Assistant) Job Description
- Provides administrative support to the Technical Assistant/Chief of Staff to the EVP & GM and full back-up support to the Executive Administrative Assistant within the Data Center Group.
- The comprehensive scope of this opportunity is dynamic and diverse.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of Intel's corporate structure, company operations, policies and procedures and will be required to perform confidential administrative duties in order to assist the Technical Aassistant and Executive Office.
- Individual must be proactive, with a high level of initiative, ability to anticipate next steps and be a strong communicator. Strong attention to detail is a must with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Positive energy, enthusiasm and creative and critical thinking are important for success in this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and supporting internal & external meetings and complex travel itineraries, including international, for the Technical Assistant and the Executive Office.
- Resolving routine and complex queries.
- Assisting with event schedules and projects
- Helping manage room requests for the Exec Office dedicated conference room.
- Assisting the Executive Administrative Assistant closely with a variety of tasks such as catering, purchase orders, storefront requests, expense reports, etc.
- Developing and maintaining documents on shared drive and Sharepoint.
- Serve as an information resource/communication channel for policies and procedures for the org and participate in Staff Admin meetings.
Inside this Business Group
- Minimum of 7 years' work experience as a senior level Administrative Assistant
- Strong proficiency in standard business software such as MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint. Workday knowledge is also preferred.
- A positive attitude and ability to demonstrate experience in problem solving, decision making, initiative and independent follow-up
- Strong organization/project management skills, along with the ability to manage a large quantity of diverse responsibilities while maintaining a high level of performance and composure
- Demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize tasks independently
- Must excel in multitasking environment and have the ability to work with rapidly changing priorities
- Proven teamwork skills - ability to build strong relationships within/outside department to effectively support the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written and customer service orientation
- Comfortable interacting professionally with all levels of execs both internally and externally to Intel
- Ability to recognize potential issues in advance and proactively mitigate in creative ways- Manages multiple priorities and re-prioritizes where necessary
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment with grace and professionalism
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information discretely
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Requisition #: JR0032530